In a narrative proposal of no more than three pages, the Chief Academic Officer (CAO) should include:
A section about the candidate:
- Name and credentials of the new hire (if already hired)
- Department or program in which the new hire will be located
- Description of the curricular and institutional impact of the new hire. What work will they do? What curricular or pedagogical contributions related to equity and inclusion will they bring?
- How new hire was identified (via New Scholar Series or national search)
- Type of hire: Tenure track?
A section about the institution’s commitment:
- Description of mentorship, resource development, and support for the new faculty
- Comment on the capacity of the department or program for engaging a diverse student body
- Comment on the capacity of the department or program for engaging a diverse faculty body, including how the department or program has considered social justice and diversity in its approach to both faculty hiring and curricular development
- Comment on the institutional initiatives in place to support underrepresented faculty and students and promote inclusive pedagogy (service loads, promotion criteria, etc.)
- Description of institutional evaluation criteria. Is attention to fostering inclusive classrooms and inclusive pedagogy/teaching part of the evaluation of the hire? Is it part of the criteria for promotion?
- Please submit your three-page proposal and the CAO’s letter of support in a single PDF document to C3 Director Rachel Hynson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notifications will be made within 1-2 months.