The C3 Undergraduate Fellowship Program is open to:
- rising juniors and seniors
- from LADO member schools
- who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- and who have an interest in conducting research in the arts, humanities, humanistic social sciences and mathematics.
We especially encourage applicants who are from groups that are historically underrepresented in the academy. We define “underrepresented” as those who are historically underrepresented (such as African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians or other Pacific Islanders), are first generation college students, or have followed nontraditional pathways to college due to exceptional talent and motivation in the face of adversity, such as societal, economic, or academic disadvantages.
Approved fields of study for C3 Undergraduate Fellowships
The C3 Undergraduate Fellowship Program is funded by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. As such, eligibility is limited to the Foundation’s approved fields of specialization.
**Please note that the list below applies only to the research undertaken during the summer research program, not to your chosen or prospective major. If your field of interest is not listed here, you may still apply to our partner programs and could be selected to participate in the same program as C3 fellows; only the stream of funding would be different. You may also consider applying to one of the programs listed in the Guide to Undergraduate Summer Research.**
- Anthropology and Archeology
- Area/Cultural/Ethnic/Gender Studies
- Art History
- Geography and Population Studies
- Film, Cinema, and Media Studies (theoretical focus)
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Performance Studies (theoretical focus)
- Philosophy & Political Theory
- Religion and Theology
- Theatre (non-performance focus)
- Interdisciplinary Studies: Interdisciplinary areas of study may be eligible if they have one or more approved fields at their core.
> Program description
> Who can apply?
> How can I apply?
> Guide to undergraduate summer research
> C3 Undergraduate Fellows 2017
> C3 Undergraduate Fellows 2016
> C3 Undergraduate Fellows 2015
> C3 Undergraduate Fellows 2014
> C3 Undergraduate Fellows 2013