Criteria for Evaluation
In the decision-making process, the C3 Executive Committee will give attention to funding a variety of disciplines from the humanities or humanistic social sciences at a range of institutions. In addition, it will consider the following questions:
- What impact would this curricular area have on the institution?
- What is the likelihood of a tenure-track search in the department or program within the current academic year or the following academic year?
- Will the proposed activity provide the institution with sufficient information about the New Scholars and give the New Scholars a positive experience of a liberal arts college?
- Are the visit logistics feasible?
- Is the budget reasonable and within the parameters set by C3?
- As reflected in the CAO’s letter, has the department or program engaged a diverse student or faculty body? This may include efforts at student mentoring or diversifying the curriculum.
- Is there evidence that the event will include scholars of color or others underrepresented in higher education?
- Has the institution previously participated in C3 or LADO events?
- Does the preliminary participant list include students from C3’s R1 partner institutions?